Our favorite so far this Summer. You may think so too!
- For the chickpeas:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (or not)
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- salt + pepper
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- For the wraps:
- iceberg/romaine lettuce leaves
- diced cucumber
- sliced tomatoes
- olive tapenade or sliced kalamata olives
- sliced avocado
- lots of Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, maple syrup, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl or mason jar. Add chickpeas and toss to combine. Put aside.
- To put together your lettuce wraps, take a leaf of lettuce, and top it with your marinated chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, olive tapenade, avocado, and Lemon Tahini Sauce. Drizzle with leftover chickpea marinating liquid if desired.
(For more healthy recipes take a look at The How Not to Die Cook Book by Michael Greger, M.D.)